10 Best Concrete Sealer For Patio
Updated on: May 2023
Best Concrete Sealer For Patio in 2023
Stamped Concrete Sealer, 1 Gal - Clear, Water-Based, Semi-Gloss Sealer for Decorative Concrete Surfaces
MasonryDefender 1 Gallon Penetrating Concrete Sealer for Driveways, Patios, Sidewalks - Clear Water-Based Silane Siloxane Sealer Water Repellent
- CLEAR PROTECTION – Provides a long-lasting, non-glossy invisible coat to concrete surfaces. Will never leave any residue or alter the color or appearance of your concrete driveway, sidewalk, or patio. Masonry waterproofer that will last for up to 5 years
- WATER REPELLENT – Water-based eco-friendly silane/siloxane rain guard penetrating concrete sealer that bonds with the minerals in concrete and masonry to provide with you long-lasting water protection. The breathable sealer causes the water to bead instead of seeping into the concrete
- POWERFUL CONCRETE SEALER – Keep your driveway looking new and protect it or other concrete surfaces from pitting or cracking. Best suited to protect against ice melt salts or chloride ions, freeze thaw damage, efflorescence stains, while also resisting mildew and fungus build up
- EASY TO APPLY – First step is to ensure your concrete surface is fully cleaned and clear of dirt, dust, grease, oil, efflorescence, etc. Use a low-pressure pump-up garden sprayer to evenly coat your driveway. Avoid puddling or ponding. 1 gallon will give 90-150 sq.ft. of coverage
- 3 YEAR WARRANTY – MasonryDefender offers a 3 Year Limited Warranty on Horizontal Concrete Surfaces
5-Gal. SX5000 WB DOT Approved Water Based Silane Siloxane Concrete Sealer and Masonry Water Repellent
- Water based, breathable, high solids Silane Siloxane sealer that can be used on interior and exterior, vertical and horizontal concrete, brick, pavers, flagstone, and slate.
- The Armor SX5000 is approved by the Department of Transportation in several states as a water repellent sealer. Not only is it DOT approved, but it has been used by the DOT in several states to protect roadways and bridges against deterioration caused by freeze thaw cycles, staining, and the growth of mold and mildew.
- The Armor SX5000 will not change the look or color of the substrate, and it will not leave behind a visible surface film. It works entirely below the surface and will maintain the natural unsealed look of the substrate.
- The Armor SX5000 is manufactured in the USA! We do not use recycled or imported resins in our formulas.
5 GAL Armor AR500 High Gloss Solvent Based Acrylic Concrete Sealer and Paver Sealer
- Penetrating high solids, breathable solvent based acrylic coating with unmatched bonding characteristics.
- Durable, long lasting. Stands up to abrasion, UV rays, hot tire pick up, hot and cold temperatures.
- Long lasting high gloss finish provides up to 2-5 years of life on a two coat application before the need for a recoat. Will bring out color in dull and faded surfaces.
- Can be used on poured concrete, stamped concrete, concrete pavers, aggregate, and more.
- Can be used on unsealed surfaces, or on surfaces previously sealed with a solvent based acrylic.
5 GAL Armor AR350 Solvent Based Acrylic Wet Look Concrete Sealer and Paver Sealer
- The Armor AR350 is a breathable, non-yellowing solvent based acrylic that will darken concrete and pavers to make them look wet, and provide a long lasting, durable low gloss finish.
- The Armor AR350 is manufactured in the US and made from non-recycled resins.
- The Armor AR350 is self-priming and can be applied to unsealed concrete and paver surfaces, as well as surfaces previously sealed with a solvent based acrylic sealer.
- The Armor AR350 will help to reduce damage and deterioration caused by surface abrasion such as dustring, cracking, spalling, and pitting.
- The Armor AR350 can last up to 1-3 years on exterior surfaces and up to 3-7 years on interior surfaces before the need for a recoat.
Low Gloss Patio Paver Sealer, 1 gal - Clear Water-Based Sealant for Natural Stone Surfaces
- Invisible Water Repellent Protection - Milky white in appearance when first applied, and dries clear
- Non-Yellowing, Clear, Water-Based, VOC Compliant Acrylic Sealer - Low Odor and Easy Cleanup with Soap & Water
- Helps Prevent Color Loss & Weed Growth on Patio Stone Pavers
- Ready to Use - No Mixing Required - Easy to Apply with a Pump Up Garden Sprayer
- Provides a Low-Gloss Finish to Patio Paver Stones (Does not leave a high gloss finish on your paver stones but rather, a rich angular sheen that protects your pavers from fading and hardens, or “stabilizes” the joint sand. The amount of sheen will vary, based on the porosity of the pavers. High gloss finishes are not recommended on exterior paver stones as they can result in a slick, dangerous surface when wet.
All Purpose Concrete, Brick & Stone Sealer, Clear Penetrating Water Repellent for Porous, Exterior, Brick, Concrete, Stone, Cultured Stone, Sandstone, Limestone & Granite Siloxane Sealer, 1 Gallon
- Clear, Water Repellent Protection for All Exterior, Porous Masonry & Concrete Surfaces Including Concrete, Brick, Natural Stone, Sandstone, Limestone, Cultured Stone (Stone Veneer/Manufactured Stone), Granite, and More
- Waterproofs and Protects Masonry & Concrete Surfaces from Water Damage & Freeze/Thaw Damage
- 100% Breathable - Doesn't Form a Film, Allows Trapped Moisture to Escape Which Prevents Pitting, Cracking & Delaminating
- Water-Based/Eco-Friendly - Soap & Water Cleanup, Low Odor
- 5 Year Warranty on Vertical Concrete & Masonry Surfaces
ToughGloss Concrete Sealer (Semi-Gloss) - #1 Easy Use Wet Look Acrylic Sealer for Driveways, Patios, Garage Floors, Walkways, Paver, and Other Concrete Surfaces - Protect Your Concrete
- DARE TO COMPARE: Made with MicroEmulsion Technology, ToughGloss separates itself as the best semi-gloss concrete sealer on amazon. If you’re looking for a long lasting and professional quality “wet look” concrete sealer for decorative concrete and all other concrete surfaces, order ToughGloss today.
- STUNNING, PROTECTED CONCRETE: ToughGloss is a water-based, Indoor - Outdoor, pure acrylic sealer. It’s formulated to protect your concrete and withstand the elements(inside and out) so you don’t need to re-apply every year. ToughGloss professional concrete sealer is made with a wet look semi-gloss finish that is sure to make your neighbors jealous.
- TRANSFORM ANY CONCRETE SURFACE: ToughGloss is perfect for any concrete surfaces such as; Concrete driveways, sidewalks, floors,cultured stone, decorative masonry walls, Terrazzo, concrete pavers, precast units, and Stamped, stenciled, colored, acid stained concrete.
- EASY TO APPLY: Unlike other wet look sealers, ToughGloss is extremely easy to apply. Professional results can be easily achieved with a paint roller, brush, or sprayer. Can easily cover over previously applied solvent based, or water based systems. ToughGloss is compliant with all VOC regulations in the United States and Canada. ToughGloss dries to a clear, medium-gloss finish, but a higher gloss can be achieved with additional coats.
- 10 YEARS TOUGH PROMISE: We know it works and we’re giving you 10 years to try it out. If you don’t like it, just let us know and we will provide a full refund.
Black Diamond Stoneworks Wet Look Natural Stone Sealer Provides Durable Gloss and Protection to: Slate, Concrete, Brick, Sandstone, Driveways, Garage Floors. Interior or Exterior. 1-Gallon.
- BEAUTIFUL GLOSS SEALER Works on exposed aggregate, stamped, colored or decorative surfaces
- SPRAY, BRUSH OR ROLL on concrete, pavers, slate, driveways, garage floors, patios, masonry, brick w
- WILL NOT DARKEN MOST SURFACES when it dries. Does not look like you sprayed water on it. Resists chemicals
- PLEASE READ COMPLETE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: not for polished GRANITE OR MARBLE
- WATER BASED SEALER VOC compliant, Easy to Maintain 100% Money Back Guarantee- Made in USA
Essential Values 1 Gallon Concrete Sealer (Covers 1500 Sq Ft) â€“ an Excellent Clear & Wet Sealant Designed for Indoor/Outdoor Stone Surfaces - Perfect for Concrete | Driveways | Garages | Basements
- BEST VALUE ON AMAZON – The Essential Values Concrete & Stone Sealer Finish is The Best Concrete Sealer for Protecting and Finishing Driveways, Sidewalks, Garage Floors, Patios, and Other Concrete Surfaces! Not Limited to Outdoors Alone, Safe for Use Indoors: Pavers, Cinder Blocks, Bricks, Chimney’s and Fireplaces!
- IMPRESS YOUR NEIGBORS – Not like Other Cheap Acrylic Sealers That Do Not Provide a Full Seal! With Essential Values Concrete & Stone Sealer Finish, Become the Driveway of the Neighborhood for Years to Come While Safe & Eco-Friendly ***Approved by the DOT***. Made from the Markets Highest Quality of Siloxane Ingredients, You Will Not Be Disappointed!
- KEEPS MOSITURE OUT – Keep Your Driveway Looking New and Protect it and other Concrete & Stone Finishes from Spalling, Degrading, Pitting or Cracking! Protect your Investment and Save More with Your Essential Values Protectant Seal – Designed to Tolerate and Protect Surface from Salts, Ions, Stains, Mildew, Fungus, & Freezing and Thawing
- EASY TO APPLY – Simple to Use with A Beautifully Attractive Clear Finish! Covers up to 1500 SQUARE FOOT for Standard Care! If WET LOOK / HIGH GLOSS Desired, Apply 3 Coats and Allow 1 Hr To Dry Between Coats! ****For Best Results, Surfaces Need to Be Fully Cleaned from Dirt, Dust, Grease, Oil & Efflorescence****
- PROUDLY MADE IN USA – To Us, Quality Is Everything! That Is Why We Have Engineered, Tested, And Manufactured Our Concrete Sealer Right Here in The USA. If You Are Not Happy with Our Product, NO PROBLEM – Get Your Money Back Guaranteed!
Water-based Concrete Stain: An Easy Reference
After weeks of scouring the internet and home improvement stores and returning and repurchashing various products, I finally successfully stained my concrete patio. This is what I learned.
Using water-based concrete stain
There are two primary types of concrete stain-acid stain and water-based stain. This article specifically addresses how to stain concrete using water-based concrete stain.
Choosing a stain
Water-based stain differs from acid-stain in that it creates a more uniform finish. Acid stain will create a marbled look on concrete whereas water based stain has a slightly more paint-like appearance. Water-based stain does not contain any dangerous chemicals and will not be harmful to skin or any nearby foliage if you are staining outdoor surfaces. It is easily removed from skin or other surfaces with soap and water. If you choose water based stain, there are a few simple guidelines to follow for flawless results.
Preparing the surface
When using water based stain, it is absolutely vital to prepare your surface before applying the stain. First, remove any paint, glue, oil or attached debris from the surface you wish to stain. You can remove paint or glue with a simple paint scraper. If your concrete has oil stains, you can use lacquer thinner to remove those. If that does not work, products specifically designed to remove oil stains from concrete are widely available at home improvement stores. Second, thoroughly wash the surface. If you are staining an outside surface, power washing is best. If you are doing indoor surfaces, make sure any cleaning agent used does not leave behind any sort of reside.
Once you have thoroughly cleaned your surface, the next step is etching. Etching actually removes tiny bits of the concrete, making the surface more porous. If you do not etch your surface prior to staining, the stain will not bond as well to the concrete and is easily scraped off. Concrete etching products are widely available at your local home improvement store and they are all pretty similar. It is recommended, if available, to pick one formulated to be used in conjunction with the brand of stain you choose. If the etcher is a powder, mix it in the concentration outlined in the directions. Apply the etcher with a pump sprayer uniformly over the concrete surface. Once applied, use a push broom to scrub the etcher over the surface. The etcher will take on a milky white appearance. After the etcher has been brushed onto the surface, wash it off immediately with water. Make sure your concrete is totally dry before beginning the staining process.
Staining the surface
First, choose your application method. You can use a brush (recommended for smaller surfaces), a roller or a pump sprayer. A pump sprayer will give you the most coverage per gallon of stain. If you are using multiple gallons of stain, it is important to first mix them together in a container. Stains can vary in color slightly from one gallon to the next, so it is important to mix them in order to get one uniform color. Now simply cover the surface as uniformly as possible with your stain. The stain will be dry to the touch in approximately an hour. If you want a more marbled appearance to your water-based stain, you can now go over the surface of the concrete with an accent color. Apply this darker color in a loose, random pattern over your stained area.
Sealing the surface
Once you have stained the concrete to your liking and the surface has dried, you are ready to seal the concrete. Concrete sealant is also easy to find at your local home improvement store. The most popular is a "wet look" sealer that will give your sealed concrete a shiny appearance. This is best applied with a pump sprayer, but can be applied with a brush or a roller as well. When applying your concrete sealer, be advised that this can have a milky white appearance when it hits the surface. The sealer will dry clear. Once the sealer is dry, allow 24 hours before replacing furniture or other items. Allow 72 hours before heavy or vehicle traffic.
On surfaces with heavy traffic, it may be necessary to do touch ups from time to time. It is a good idea to save a small amount of your stain and sealer for those touch ups.