10 Best Insulated Patio Doors
Updated on: March 2023
Best Insulated Patio Doors in 2023
PetSafe Freedom Aluminum Patio Panel Sliding Glass Dog and Cat Door, Adjustable
Vinyl Insulated Pet Patio Door 78" Medium
- Designed specifically for VINYL Sliding Patio Doors Only. Fits 1 ½” -1 ¾” VINYL Sliding Patio Door track.
- Adjustable Height: 76-3/4" To 78-1/2" (78"). To ensure ordering correct height, measure flush at top track to the inside bottom track of your VINYL Sliding Patio Door frame.
- White VINYL frame features DUAL PANE tempered “low e” glass. CLEANING THE FLAP - Use a clean rag and fresh water to remove any dirt and grime that may accumulate on the flap panel surface. DO NOT USE strong detergents, pine or lemon oil or any type of solvents as these will permanently damage the flap panels and flexible hinges. LEXAN is a trademark of SABIC Innovative Plastics IP BV
- Medium size 6-5/8” x 11-1/4" flexible 3-part Double Wall LEXAN flap.
- Need Assistance? E-mail Ideal Pet Products expert US-based customer care specialists seven days a week! Manufacturer Warranty does not apply to product purchased through Amazon Warehouse Deals or any used product sellers.
RHF Wide Thermal Blackout Patio Door Curtain Panel, Sliding Door Insulated Curtains,Thermal Curtains,Grommet Curtains, Extra Wide Curtains, Curtains for Sliding Glass Door:100W by 84L Inches-Beige
- Ready To Hang- Package includes 1 panel with 100" wide x 84" length in color Beige
- Thermal insulated - Heavy enough help your sliding door keep the heat and cold out
- Innovative fabric -This blackout curtains can significant reduce light. The darker the color, the better the light reducing capabilities
- Features Antique Bronze Grommet Top - Can be hung from a standard or decorative curtain rod, the ring size is about 1.6" and 2.4" for Inside and outside diameter
- Easy Care - Machine Wash and Dry. PLEASE NOTE: This product is meant for Indoor use only
Ultra Soft Blackout Curtains for Bedroom Living Room, Extra Long Room Darkening Curtains/Drapes Thermal Insulated Grommet Top Blackout Draperies for Patio Door (52 by 108 Inch, Burnt Orange, Set of 2)
- STANDARD SIZE: Sold per set including 2 panels. Each panel measures: 52"W x 108"L|Set measures: 104"W x 108"L. Each panel has 8 elegant metal grommets, inner diameter of grommet is 1.6", fit well with standard or decorative curtain rods
- NATURAL BLACKOUT: These magic solid curtain panels can blocks out 95% sun light and prevent 100% UV ray, authoritative lab test shows that the curtains are vinyl free and environment friendly, safe and green to kids and nursery
- MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS: These soft and durable curtains are made by innovative technology durable yarn, high performance on room darkening, thermal insulated, noise reducing, energy saving / efficiency and privacy protection
- UNIQUE HOME DECOR: These classic curtain panels will decorate your windows and rooms with new great effect, suits for contemporary, traditional, vintage rustic, victorian home styles. Let these breatheable and airy blackout curtains add amazing look to host and guest
- BEST SERVICE: 10 years quality warranty and 30 days money back guarantee for return policy. Machine washable for easy care, use only non-chlorine bleach when needed, tumble dry low and warm iron as needed
Rose Home Fashion Sliding Door Curtains, Primitive Linen Look 100% Blackout Curtains, Thermal Insulated Patio Door Curtains-1 Panel (100x84 Beige)
- Ready to Hang: 1 Panel per package, and each panel has 16 Sliver Grommets with 1.6" diameter.
- 100% Blackout: Double Layers Design, completely keep out the 100% SUNLIGHT and UV RAY. Offer you a real dark environment, perfect for baby room and night shift worker. Absolute privacy with all your indoor activity.
- Energy Efficient: Scientific experiments have shown that the white liner reflect light source compared to the black lining, minimize heating & cooling cost by preventing sunlight & draft from getting in.
- Elegant Burlap Quality: Linen textured fabric looks modern and more expensive. The perfect color and fabric would work with many different styles.
- Easy Care: Machine washable in cold water, use only non-chlorine bleach when needed, tumble dry low and warm iron as needed.
H.VERSAILTEX White Curtains for Living Room 84 Inches Length, Room Divider Curtains for Bedroom, Thermal Insulated Patio Door Curtain Panel, Extra Wide Sliding Door Curtains, 8.5ft Wide x 7ft Long
- Large Size: Sold per single panel, measures: 100 inch width by 84 inch length (7ft Tall by 8.5ft Wide), Each panel has 16 strong metal grommets (rim of grommet is 2.4", while inner is 1.6") can be hung from a basic or decorative curtain rod
- Total Privacy and Blackout: These magic thermal insulated grommet curtain panel can blocks out 50% sun light and prevent 100% UV ray, authoritative lab test show that the curtains are vinyl and PVC free, ECO friendly, safe environment to the room, enjoy with these breathable and airy room divider curtain
- Multiple Functions: Made in OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, the triple woven textured thick microfiber fabric is soft and durable, crafted, decent and luxury, high performance on thermal insulated, room darkening, noise reducing, energy efficiency and total privacy protection
- Great Choices: Excellent to be used for big patio door, glass french door, yard, also very suitable for fix a problem space, smart and cost-effective way of re-inventing the space of your home, can share bedroom, apartment, dorm, city loft, workspace, basement, etc. Come with strong metal grommets top, easy installation and smooth sliding over a rod
- Best Service: 8 year quality warranty and 30 days return policy with money back guarantee, 100% satisfied customer feedback, Machine washable in cold water, use only non-chlorine bleach when needed, tumble dry low and warm iron as needed
NICETOWN Blackout Blinds for Patio Door - Sliding Door Insulated Blackout Curtains, Extra Wide Curtain for Villa/Hall/Parlor (100 inches W x 84 inches L, Cappuccino)
- AMAZING FABRIC: The blackout curtain's fabric is super soft and heavily innovative triple-weave polyester fabric. The Same material back as of front makes it appear more elegant. The 14 sliver grommets top (inner diameter is 1.6-inch) adds a modern touch and easy hanging.
- MULTIPLE FUNCTIONAL: These extra wide curtains are wide enough to cover the sliding door perfectly. Besides, the curtain panel helps your patio door to block out most of the light and UV rays, high performance on thermal insulated, noise reducing and privacy-protecting.
- ENERGY SMART: Triple weave blackout fabric balances room temperature by insulating against summer heat and winter chill, reducing air conditioning costs. Protect your furniture, floors, and artwork from the ravages of the sun, the Patio Door Drapes will pay for themselves off over time.
- WISE COMPATIBLE: Thread trimmed and wrinkle-free, all sets for you to put them up right away. Suitable perfectly for sliding door, patio door, and any large window. These wide curtains can be hung separately, or combine with NICETOWN sheer curtains.
- EASY CARE: Good quality finishing will withstand years of use. Machine washable and Wash the water temperature below 90F. Mild detergent no bleaching. Low-temperature ironing. Don’t use sharp things scratching curtains.
H.VERSAILTEX Wide Thermal 100% Blackout Patio Curtain Panel Waterproof Sliding Door Curtains with Anti Rust Grommet Top, Decorative Room Divider, 100W by 84L Inches/ 8.3'W x 7'L - Natural
- WELL MADE: Each pack contains one (1) blackout functional double wide curtain panel. Panel measures 100"W x 84"L(8.3'W x 7'L), Thread trimmed and wrinkle free, constructed with 16 anti rust grommets top, fit well up to 1 1/2 inches curtain rods
- 100% BLACKOUT: These elegant faux linen curtain has white color lining on backing, definitely can block out 100% bright sunlight and UV ray, turn day into night, just enjoy your sweet sleeping and protect your furniture from color fading, providing entire privacy in your place
- GREAT HIGHLIGHTS: These durable linen curtain panel will decorate your windows and rooms with new great effect, be adpoted with waterproof. Widely use for bedroom, living room, patio, room divider, yard or garden, functional and still durable
- INNOVATED MATERIAL: These classic drapes is crafted from rich linen textured fabric, added with 100% blackout lining, draped and soft with water-appellant feature, durable enough to hold their beauty through sun shine, rain, wind. Lab test shows this chic curtain panel is environmental and vinyl free
- EASY CARE: Hassle free for purchase H.Versailtex faux linen blackout curtains. Machine washable in cold water, use only non-chlorine bleach when needed, tumble dry low and warm iron as needed
Sun Zero 50955 Easton Extra-Wide Blackout Sliding Patio Door Curtain Panel with Pull Wand, 100" x 84", Pearl
- Detachable pull wand ideal for sliding glass doors and large windows
- Energy efficient Windows can account for 10-25% of a home’s energy loss. Sun Zero Blackout Curtains can reduce the energy lost through your windows by up to 30%.
- Energy efficient design reduces energy lost through your windows by up to 40%
- Thermal properties help keep summer heat and winter chill out of your home
- Noise reduction up to 30% helps you get a sounder, more uninterrupted sleep
- Built-in metal grommets fit curtain rods up to 1.5" in diameter
- Performance varies by product color; darker the base color the more light blocked
H.Versailtex Blackout Printed Curtains Extra Long and Wide Thermal Insulated Panels -Grommet Wider Curtain Large Size 100"W by 84"L for Patio Door - Moroccan Tile Quatrefoil Pattern in Dove, Set of 1
- Standard Size: Sold per single panel, measures: 100 inch width by 84 inch length. Each panel has 16 antique grommets (rim of grommet is 2.4", while inner is 1.6"), can be hung from a basic or decorative curtain rod
- Natural Blackout: These magic patio curtain panel / sliding door curtain can blocks out 95% sun light and prevent 100% UV ray, authoritative lab test that the curtains are vinyl and PVC free, breathable and airy to your room
- Multiple Functions: This soft and durable patio curtain panel is made by innovative technology specially yarn, high performance on thermal insulated, room darkening, noise reducing, energy saving / efficiency and privacy protection
- Unique Home Decor: Designed with classic geometric moroccan tile quatrefoil pattern, add a touch of contemporary style to any space of your windows and rooms that you will be sure to love
- Best Service: 8 years quality warranty and 30 days return policy with money back guarantee. Machine washable in cold water, use only non-chlorine bleach when needed, tumble dry low and warm iron as needed
Insulation: R-values, U-values, and Other Such Mind-numbing Stuff
A continuation of the "Reducing your home energy costs" series. This article covers the basics of U and R values and insulation. Things you would otherwise never have learned ... even at gunpoint.
Remember, Insulation is step two in the process. The first should really be air sealing. (click on my name "Tom Bacc" to get to my page and check out "attics" for more info on air sealing)
First off ... how does insulation work? Well, If I tried to spew out all that physics I learned in school, my brain would hurt. So I'll keep it simple.
It goes like this... air that can't move is a lousy conductor of heat. If you can keep air from moving, it makes a pretty good insulator. "But", you say ... "I INSULATE WITH FIBERGLASS!?!?"
Well, no ... not exactly. Actually you insulate with the little pockets of air that are trapped between the fibers of fiberglass. If you flattened it out, fiberglass would conduct heat like ... well ... glass. Yup, it's actually made of glass. Think of it as glass cotton candy. It is just fluffed up so much that it traps (or really really slows down) large amounts of air. And like I said before ... still air is a lousy conductor and therefore a good insulator.
This brings up a good point about insulation. (I'm just learning how to segue) It is important that you put the right thickness of insulation into the cavity your filling. The R-value was figured based on the insulation being fluffed up to its design thickness. If you squeeze it into a tight space, you squeeze out the air and with it ... all the good insulating properties. "Stuffing" ... is bad.
Foam insulation, both the ridged board and the spray stuff that never comes out of your hair, takes it one step further. The "air" is trapped completely into millions of tiny bubbles. Since there is no air movement at all, Foam usually has a higher R-value than fiberglass (FG), inch for inch. It tends to cost more ... but it has properties that make it a better choice for some applications.
Now then ... what about that whole R-value-U-value thing...
R-value is ... how well it insulates.
U-value is ... how well it conducts.
They are inverse, when one goes up the other goes down... or... U=1/R (that's the math part). Higher R-value is good. Lower U-value is good. A Wall with an R-value of 5 has an U-value of .2 (1 divided by 5 is .2)
"WELL" you say "Then why the heck do we need both? Is it just to CONFUSE us?"
Kinda ... but there is a reason. You can add R-values... Stack two pieces of R-11 and you get R-22. But, you can't average them. Half a wall with R-10 and half with R-20 doesn't average out to R-15. (its R-13.3 ... go figure)
U-values (aka U-factors) are just the opposite. you CAN'T add them but you CAN average them. (You'll have to find a guy with a larger brain than mine to explain the math to you, but trust me, it works)
So, when you are working with areas that have windows and doors and walls that have all different values, you work in U-Factor. When you are stacking up all the layers in any one part, you use R-value.
Now that I've explained that, and before your head starts to hurt, let me talk about cavity vs continuous insulation. IF... you put R-11 FG batts between 2x4 wall studs, including the drywall and sheathing you get an R-value for the assembly of about R-9 or so. (the studs themselves are good conductors and drop the average way down). NOW ... add R-3 foam to the outside and you get the whole R-3 for a total of R-12. SO... That silly little sheet of half inch foam they stick under your vinyl siding raises your R-value by a whopping 33%.
So, where would this come into play? For starters, if your attic isn't floored and you plan to add a big stack of insulation, you are better off adding just enough to fill the bays and then adding another layer perpendicular to the joists and butted up tight. That way the joists themselves don't give up your precious heat. And, make sure you use full width baffles in every bay along the eaves. Otherwise, cold breezes coming through the soffit vents will blow right through the FG batts and ruin any R-value they have.
Another place is under your siding. If it isn't too thick for the window and door frames, consider using 1 inch or more instead of the 3/8 fanfold or 1/2 inch sheets.
Back to the "stuffing" I was talking about before. Instead of stuffing FG insulation into cracks and crevasses, use expanding foam. Once you jamb it in, FG doesn't do much insulating.It has to be fluffy to work. Also, it still lets some air flow through it. If you are filling in around a window frame or door that might not be sealed perfectly from outside, Foam will seal much better than fiberglass.
I haven't discussed spray in or cellulose insulations yet. Nor have I mentioned vapor barriers at all. They go hand in hand with all of this. But, my Brain hurts and I haven't even gotten to the hundreds of mind-numbing equations I promised you.
I'll save it for another time. That way you'll have something to put you to sleep another night too.