Best Locks For Sliding Patio Doors in 2020
Burglabar 2 Pack - Great for Sliding Patio Door Lock, (Use 2 for doors), Sliding Window Lock, Sliding Basement Windows Lock, Child Safety Lock
Ideal Security SK110W SK110 Patio Door Security Bar Child-Proof Lock, Adjustable 26-47 inches for Ventillation, Large, White
- The best sliding door security bar according to Business Insider!
- Includes our new childproof Anti-Lift Lock
- ADJUSTABLE: Easily slides from 25. 75” to 47. 5” to for easy installation without cutting. Lets you leave the door partially open while still being secured.
- QUICK & EASY INSTALLATION ON MOST PATIO DOORS: Install on either the inside or outside track (see instructions for more details). Please watch the installation video before purchase to be sure it will work with your door
- NOT A PRESSURE-MOUNTED BAR: Pressure-mounted bars can shake loose and fall. The SK110 patio door security bar and saddle are screwed into the door frame and profile, providing reliable protection
- COMFORTABLE HEIGHT: Mounts in the middle of the door, not on the bottom. Open your door without bending down to reach the bar
- VISUAL DETERRENT: Acts as visual deterrent against burglars who can see it clearly through the door for extra security
- CONVENIENT AND EASY: Swings up and stays out of the way when not in use
- Made of advanced lightweight and strong extruded aluminum (the same stuff used to build airplanes! )
- MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH PET INSERT FOR SLIDING DOOR: before purchasing the SK110, you need to measure opening width of your door once the insert is in. If the opening is less than 25. 75", you should use our SK111 bar.
Prime-Line E 2014 Mortise Lock - Adjustable, Spring-Loaded Hook Latch Projection for Sliding Patio Doors Constructed of Wood, Aluminum and Vinyl, 3-11/16â€, 45 Degree Keyway, Round Face
- REPLACE OLD OR BROKEN DOOR LOCKS – When your sliding door mortise lock is broken or old, don’t replace the door entirely, just get a new mortise lock!
- EASY INSTALLATION – Installation is quick and easy – working sliding door locks are well within reach. Mounting Flanges have 6-32 tapped thread
- FOR SLIDING DOORS – This Mortise Lock can be used on sliding patio doors constructed of wood, aluminum and vinyl. Also fits doors using W&F manufactured handles.
- 45 DEGREE KEYWAY - This E 2014 mortise lock has a 45-degree angled keyway position when in the locked position.
- PRODUCT INFO - The mounting hole centers of this lock measures 3-11/16” from center to center, and the rear housing corners are square. Mortise lock dimensions are: 1.125"(D)x0.5"(W)x3.688"(H)
Prime-Line C 1032 Keyed Sliding Glass Door Handle Set â€“ Replace Old or Damaged Door Handles Quickly and Easily â€“Wood & Black Painted Diecast, Hook Style, Flush Mount (Fits 6-5/8â€ Hole Spacing)
- INCLUDES – (1) Standard reversible flush mount for left or right-handed sliding glass doors. This handle fits 6-5/8” hole spacing and only works with hook style door handles. Fits all popular flush lock punch-outs.
- REPLACE OLD OR BROKEN DOOR HANDLES – When your door handle is broken, old or unsightly, don’t replace the door entirely, just get a new sliding glass door handle set! This door handle is a hook style with a flush mount and is keyed.
- EASY INSTALLATION – Installation is quick and easy, plus all fasteners and instructions are included – new door handles are well within reach! The handle set is non-handed, allowing it to be used on both left and right-handed patio sliding doors that are 1 in. to 1-1/8 in. thick, using 6-5/8” mounting hole centers.
- NON-HANDED CONSTRUCTION – The non-handed construction means that you can use this door handle set on both left and right-handed patio sliding doors.
- COMPLEMENTS YOUR SLIDING PATIO DOOR – This hook style door handle is constructed of mixed materials, including a surface mounted wood pull, making it the perfect choice for your black or dark bronze sliding door.
Patio Sliding Door Security Foot Lock Kick Lock, Fits on Top Rail-Childproof Patio Door Guardian-or Bottom Rail-Foot Operated-Keep Your Family Safe and Secure(1 Pack,White)
- ☛【Keep Aditional Safety to Your Home】: Are you worried that someone might break into your house at the middle of the night or sometime of the day when nobody is home? Well that problem is no longer an issue. With its double locking action, it is virtually impossible to remove the door by lifting it off its track. HauSun patio sliding door foot lock prevents criminals from being able to lift out sliding doors from their tracks.
- ☛【Resists Forced Entry & Two Operational Lock Postions】: Able to provide over 1000lbs of forced entry load tension.Another reason these patio door kick locks are great is because they usually have two operational positions. Notice the two channels in the lock. They allow for your patio door to be locked when it is in a closed position or slightly opened to let in the breeze. With a kick lock in the "B" position, the opening is still not wide enough for someone to force entry into your home.
- ☛【Two Installation Ways】: HauSun patio door security lock can be installed both on top or bottom rail.You can use top rail if you want to keep out of reach of children.Also, you can install it on the bottom rail with foot operated.
- ☛【Discover New Ways to Increase Children Security】: With young children in the home, you know all too well how hard it is to keep an eye on them at all times. With this childproof sliding door lock installed, you can make sure that young ones do not become tempted to open the patio sliding doors on their own and expose themselves to potential danger.
- ☛【Convenient Use & Patent Design】: HauSun Patio sliding security door lock works on vinyl, aluminum, or wood sliding doors on INSIDE tracks only. DOES NOT WORK on patio doors on outside tracks.
Patio Guardian PDG01-W Patio Door Guardian Lock - White
- Works as both a security device and childproofing lock.
- Allows for ventilation without sacrificing security.
- Compatible with vinyl, aluminum or wood sliding doors.
- To Install this lock you will have to drill holes in your existing door.
- Tools Required: Drill, 3/32 inch drill bit, 7/16 inch drill bit and Phillips screwdriver
High Security Deadbolt Lock for Sliding Patio Doors, Dual Steel Bolts Provide Superior Protection Against Forced Entry, Doubles as Child-Safety Lock
- This high-security patio door deadbolt lock helps prevent forced entry
- Use this safety locking hardware to keep the bad guys out and the little ones in. This security device also acts as a child-safety device when mounted out of the reach of small children, and from a distance it can easily be determined if the lock bolts are engaged or disengaged with the keeper bracket
- The lock body and keeper bracket are constructed of extruded aluminum and come in a white painted finish
- The double-action lock bolts are constructed of solid steel and penetrate 1-inch deep into the top and bottom of the keeper bracket
- Adds increased security to your home to help thwart would-be home invaders from breaching vulnerable entry points
- Use of these patio door locks helps to prevent sliding panels from being lifted off their tracks from the exterior
- Features a sleek, low-profile design to avoid interference with window coverings
- Constructed of steel, aluminum and plastic components
- Locks come in two-toned black and white color
- This lock is easy to install with a few simple tools
Prime-Line C 1225 Sliding Patio Door Handle Set - Replace Old or Damaged Door Handles Quickly and Easily â€“ White Diecast, Mortise Style, Non-Keyed (Fits 3-15/16â€ Hole Spacing)
- INCLUDES – (1) Standard reversible, non-handed handle set that can be mounted on both left-hand and right-handed sliding patio doors. This handle fits 3-15/16” hole spacing and only works with mortise hook style door handles
- REPLACE OLD OR BROKEN DOOR HANDLES – When your door handle is broken, old or unsightly, don’t replace the door entirely, just get a new sliding patio door handle set! This door handle is a mortise style
- EASY INSTALLATION – Installation is quick and easy – new patio door handles are well within reach! This sliding door handle set fits 3-15/16” hole spacing and fits 1-1/2" to 1-3/4" thick doors.
- NON-KEYED - The exterior diecast pull comes non-keyed. Prime-Line Products does manufacture other components that can convert this set to a keyed-locking handle set
- COMPLEMENTS YOUR WHITE SLIDING PATIO DOOR - This mortise hook style door handle is constructed of white painted diecast materials, making it the perfect choice for your white sliding door. For thick doors order E 2576 latch lever
Sliding Glass Patio Door Handle Set with Mortise Lock, White, Keyed, 3-15/16 Screw Holes by TechnologyLK
- Finish: White
- Patio Door Handle Set with Mortise Lock Kit
- Fits Sash Controls; Stamped 2265
- Thumbturn in the "B" (offset) position
- Center-to-Center Holes: 3-15/16 inch
Prime-Line C 1197 Sliding Glass Door Handle Set, 6-5/8 in., Diecast, Hook Style, Flush Mount, Keyed
- This handle set is used to replace damaged or missing flush mount, hook style handle sets on sliding glass doors
- This item has a 6-5/8 in. hole center spacing
- White painted finish
- Constructed of diecast materials
- Fits 1" (2.5 cm) to 1-1/8 " (2.9 cm) thick doors
How to Build and Install a Sliding Door for a Shed
A guide to building and installing a sliding door for a shed.
A sliding door glides on a track mounted above the door opening. A 1/2 x3 inch lag screw at each end of the track keeps the door from sliding off the track. The guide wheel holds the door against the wall. The first thing you do when building a sliding door is to cut 1x4's to length for the head and sides of the door jamb. The jamb should be slightly smaller than the rough opening. Assemble the jamb with nails and set it in the opening. Insert shims along the sides and top until it fits snugly in the opening and is level and plumb. Nail through the shims to secure it. Score the shims with a utility knife and break them off by hand. Double check the size of the door opening with a tape measure. You'll build the door 2 inches taller and wider than the opening so that it overlaps the sides of the opening and extends to the bottom of the shed without touching the ground.
Assemble a frame for the door out of 2x4's. Add a horizontal cross brace at the center of the frame and diagonal braces across the upper and lower sections. Cut 3/4 inch plywood and nail or screw it to the exterior side of the frame. Position the track so it sits level over the door opening, you should look at the manufacturers directions when doing this because there are sometimes different instructions that are important. Then fasten the track with the hangers and hardware provided. Attach the wheeled hanger to the door and slide it into the track. Install lag screw stops at the ends of the track. Install the guide wheel at the bottom corner of the door opening so the door slides easily between the wall and the wheel. Install the support bracket to help guide the door as it is opened. Install a latch or hasp so you can lock the door.
The process of actually building and installing this type of door is extremely easy, sometimes the difficult part is to plan it out. To me a sliding door is a little much but is does work best in some applications. A good plan and good measuring and placing of hardware will be the key when installing this type of door. Just take your time when planning this door out. You can really do this from start to finish in about 2 hours, and most of that will be building the door. The instillation of this door is really easy and goes really quick. The two things you need to remember when doing this project is why you are doing it. You are doing it to keep the stuff in and the weather out. Just keep that in mind when building and installing your door so you can make adjustments. Luckily, when you are building and installing shed doors there is always room to make adjustments. Good luck with this one.