Best Mosquito Repellent For Patio in 2022
Skeeter Screen 90600 Patio Egg Diffuser, 1
SPARTAN MOSQUITO ERADICATOR - Best Whole Yard Outdoor Mosquito Protection Solution; More Effective Than ShortTerm Insect Repellent Trap Mosquito Free Backyard Garden Patio (Starter KIT - 4 Tubes)
- Not approved for sale thus cannot ship to CT, DC, ID, IN, MT, NM, PR, SD or UT. Required to cancel ALL orders to CT, DC, ID, IN, MT, NM, PR, SD or UT.
- ONCE MOSQUITO SEASON HAS STARTED, you need at least TWO BOXES PER ACRE in order to catch up and be effective for your first deployment.
- ERADICATE UP TO 95% OF YOUR MOSQUITOES IN ABOUT 15 DAYS. Take back your lawns, yards, and pond the Spartan way.
- ERADICATORS BEGIN TO WORK IMMEDIATELY when properly prepared and deployed. Spartan Mosquito Eradicators are a long-term prevention solution unlike common treatments: ultrasonic pest repellant products, anti-mosquito shield devices, attractant or mosquito control products, mosquito traps, repel lights, portable bait killers, and deterrent sticks.
- DON'T PAY MORE THAN 49.90 INCLUDING SHIPPING; FULL MANUFACTURER SUPPORT WHEN PURCHASED THROUGH AUTHORIZED RETAILER--LOOK FOR AMAZON 2D TRANSPARENCY BARCODE ON PACKAGE!
Thermacell MR-PSL Patio Shield Mosquito Repellent, Graphite; Easy to Use, Highly Effective; Provides 12 Hours of DEET-Free Mosquito Repellent; Scent-Free, No Spray, No Smoke and Cordless
- 15-Foot Area of Protection – Perfect for entertaining on lawn, porch, patio, pool or deck; proven technology used to fight mosquitoes in toughest spots on earth; provides 12 hours of protection
- No Chemical Sprays, Wipes, DEET or Lotions on Skin – Patio Shield is more effective and repels mosquitoes without sprays, scents or flames of torches, smelly citronella or dirty candles
- Scent-Free, Long-Lasting, Easy to Use — Highly effective repellent mats turn white when time to replace; evaluated by the EPA for safety and effectiveness; Turn it on… Mosquitoes Gone
- Stylish, Convenient, Portable – The trusted Patio Shield Mosquito Repeller is the perfect gift for a new homeowner, hostess, retiree, college graduate, gardener or caregiver
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee — Thermacell offers support and warrants complete satisfaction during first year of use; the graphite Patio Shield comes with cap, 1 fuel cartridge and 3 repellent mats
Radius Zone Mosquito Repeller from Thermacell, Gen 2.0, Black; No Spray Mosquito Repellent; Rechargeable; Protect Outdoor Areas from Insects for 6.5+ Hours Per Charge; Easy to Use, Scent and DEET-Free
- Highly Effective – New Radius Gen 2.0 is effective during the worst mosquito pressure and operates at any elevation; mess, scent, spray and DEET-free; durable, compact and easy to use
- Push-Button Simple – Conveniently keeps mosquitos away with one touch of a button; lasts 40 hours on one refill (40 hour refill sold separately); Popular Science 2018 BOWN Award Winner
- Great for Travelers – lightweight and TSA-compliant for airline travel, Radius comes with built in Li-Ion rechargeable battery, one 12-hour refill repellent cartridge and a USB battery charger
- Advanced Technology and Features – Long life refills; battery life indicator; recharges fully in five hours; operates while charging; satisfaction guaranteed
- Modes of Operation – Gen 2.0 locks for travel, has optional automatic shut-off timer (after 2 hrs) and can operate continuously; use only with Radius Zone Mosquito Repellent Refills from Thermacell
Thermacell Bristol Mosquito Repellent Patio Shield Lantern; Lantern Light Plus Silent, Scent-Free Mosquito Repellent Providing 15-Foot Zone of Protection; 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- The Thermacell Bristol Repellent Lantern provides a 15-foot invisible zone of protection so the family can enjoy the great outdoors without worrying about mosquitoes and the harm they can cause
- No need for messy sprays, smoky candles or skin irritants, Thermacell uses a chemical-free repellent that is clean, odorless and silent while effectively repelling bugs in the open air
- Easy to use with a no-fuss, instant and flameless light, the lantern is ideal for decks, patios and the backyard, making it perfect for entertaining, gardening or playing with the kids outdoors
- The perfect addition to any outdoor space, Thermacell’s family-friendly lantern is portable, lightweight and durable, ideal for relaxing at home or adventuring in nature
- Improve the quality of outdoor experiences like hiking, camping, fishing, BBQing in the backyard, watching outdoor sports, boating or mountain biking with the addition of the versatile Bristol Lantern
- Package contains: 1 lantern and 12 hours of refills - 3 repellent mats and 1 fuel cartridge. Requires 3 AAA-batteries (not included)
Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Refills; Provide 120 Hours of Protection; Contain 30 Repellent Mats, 10 Fuel Cartridges; Compatible with Any Fuel-Powered Thermacell Mosquito Repeller Product; Scent Free
- No-DEET or On-Skin Chemicals – Original, scent-free Thermacell Mosquito Repellent delivers effective no-spray zone of protection covering 15-ft zone; protects against mosquitoes without the mess
- Long-Lasting – Contains 30 repellent mats lasting 4 hours each and 10 fuel cartridges lasting 12 hours, delivering 120 hours of mosquito protection; conveniently stop and start as often as needed
- Trusted and Highly Effective – Innovative zone mosquito repellent technology from Thermacell provides a mess-free and DEET-free solution much more effective candles or torches
- Universal Fuel Powered Thermacell Refill – Refills work with any fuel-powered Thermacell repeller, lantern or torch; easily replace repellent cartridges and mats according to device instructions
- Portable and Easy-to-Use – Enjoy outdoor adventure, seize the day and keep bugs at bay, whether relaxing, barbequing, camping, backpacking, fishing, boating, hiking or enjoying the backyard
Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray Concentrate, 32-Ounce
- Repels and kills mosquitoes and other annoying insects
- Controls up to 4 weeks, even after rain
- 32oz treats up to 5,000 sq ft
- Easy - just connect to your hose and spray
- 0.16% LAMBDA-CYHALOTHRIN
W4W Portable Mosquito Coil Holder - Mosquito Coil & Incense Burner for Outdoor use, Pool Side, Patio, Deck, Camping, Hiking, etc. (Includes Set of 2 Holders)
- Includes a Set of 2 Mosquito Coil Holders
- The easy, convenient way to burn Mosquito Coils or incense.The Glass fiber + Fire retardent nets hold coil firmly and allows coil to burn totally and safely.
- Can be hung up or laid flat allowing each Coil to burns for 5 - 7 Hours. Design protects coils from inclement weather and allows coil to burn at a regulated pace, giving off the perfect amount of smoke. Once coil burns out simply release the latch, twist tin cover to open, and dump the remaining ashes from bottom tray.
- Each Coil Holder Measures 5.35" inches allowing it to fit most spiral Mosquito Coils or refills
- This Coil holder can be used outdoors. Perfect for, Patios, Decks, porches, Pool side areas, Backyards, Picnics, Travelling, Camping trips and any outdoor activities. Don’t be a target anymore; drive away those pesky mosquitoes, insects and flying bug!!
Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer, 1/2 Acre Coverage
- Advanced electronic insect control; non clogging killing grid; 1/2-acre killing radius, requires plug.
- Recommended not to be used within 25-feet of area intended for human activity, should not be attached to house or deck or other structures
- Instantaneous operation, continuous and uninterrupted service, Uses a 15-watt bulb. The cord is 9” in length
- For best results replace the cartridge every 30 days, Please refer User manual for troubleshooting and its corrections
- Recommended for areas up to 1/2 acre - Outdoor Use Only
- Avoids the continuing expense and inconvenience of chemical insecticides
BRISON Ultrasonic Pest Repeller - Eco-Friendly Electronic Waves Pest Control Portable Indoor/Outdoor Plug in Repellent for Mosquitoes Mice Rats Cockroaches Spiders Ants Rodents [4 Pack]
- FULL PROTECTION – ultrasonic Pest Repeller creates electromagnetic & ultrasonic Waves that drive all kinds of Pests away from your Home.
- EASY TO USE WITH A NIGHT LIGHT – all you need to do to Start using this Pest Control Ultrasonic Repellent is to plug it into an electric Outlet
- SILENT & EFFECTIVE COVERAGE – you don’t need to worry about setting up this Ultrasonic Pest Repeller in your child’s Room or Bedroom it’s operating silently
- ECO-FRIENDLY & NO KILL - ultrasonic Frequency from our Repeller is inaudible to Humans & Pets & it is only audible to Pests
- MAXIMUM RESULTS IN 3 WEEKS OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – it takes 3-4 Weeks to achieve the best Results
DIY: How to Build Your Own Bat House
Everyone knows the best mosquito control is bats. They need a place to roost during the day. Learn here how to build your own bat house and take care of the mosquitoes.
Forget the Hollywood movies about bats sucking people's necks. They don't actually do that. The Vampire Bat in South America bites the uncovered big toe- yikes. (There's something uncomfortable about that.)
Other bats eat fruit exclusively, and still others prefer grubs or other insects. In Bexar County, Texas, we have the Mexican Brown Bat, or the "Mosquito Terminator." That's my own term.
Millions of these creatures inhabit the bridge under Commerce Street in Austin, Texas. The city tried to eradicate them until local businesses begged them to stop. You see, tourists flocked to see the bats emerge from under the bridge at sunset. This provided income for boat operators and local restaurants. The city was also informed by biologists that they were wasting millions of dollars on chemical mosquito control when they had a solution for free- and it was making money for the city.
The city responded by fencing the area around the bridge and making it illegal to bother the bats. Visitors from all over the world come to see the underside of the bridge "come to life" - I've seen it, it really does look like that. The stream of bats stretches for miles, and the cost of the boat ticket is worth it.
Build your own bat house and kiss the mosquitoes goodbye. It's easy, and can be made from scrap lumber on hand. Bats aren't picky.
Before building your bat house, ensure that all the little nooks and crannies in your attic are well sealed. They'll roost there, too.
The bat house is amazingly thin, but bats like it cozy. This bat house measures approximately ¾" thick, but that's enough room for dozens of bats.
You will need:
Cut one piece of ½" plywood 24" by 26." (A) Cut a second piece of ½" plywood 24" by 22."(B) Cut four inches off the 22" board. This can be a straight cut, "V" cut, or in the shape of a bat or something else. Download a copyright free image, enlarge it to 4" x 22," trace it on the board and cut with the jigsaw. Do not discard this piece.
From the 1-by-2 board, cut three pieces: one 24" long, and two each 19" long.
Align the 24" long board with the short side of the longer board (A). Apply caulk to the face of the 1-by-2, then clamp it along the side and insert deck screws every 6."
Attach the shorter 1-by-2 pieces along the sides of the 26" board, butting them against the first 1-by-2. It will look like a "U" shape on the board. Caulk, clamp and drill as you did for the first board.
Stretch the deer netting tight across the space in between the1-by-2's, and attach with the staples. Make certain it will sag. That will cause the netting to entangle the bats. Hardware cloth won't sag. Make sure you buy the largest holes (some hardware cloth is sold by the size of the holes) you can find. They will hang on to the cloth.
Bird wire, ½" by 1" will also work. Chicken wire holes are too large. That won't accommodate enough bats.
The netting or cloth should go all the bottom of the bat house. It will be exposed to the outside. The bats will climb this into the house.
Attach the large piece of ½" plywood that you cut earlier. Line the square edge up with the top of the 1-by-2's, caulk, clamp and insert deck screws every six inches as you did before. Be careful not to drill through a screw already in place.
Measure and mark ½" from the end of the top piece of plywood and attach the cut off section to the 1-by-2's. This allows air circulation in the bat house.
Paint, seal or stain the exterior of the bat house only. Keep the paint off the netting or hardware cloth- the point is to have a healthy bat house.
The bat house should be mounted on a south facing surface to ensure they get enough sun to stay warm in the day. Mount the house with the 3 ½" deck screws to the side of a building or pole at least 15 feet in the air.
If mounting to a pole, the house should not move in the breeze. Bats won't live in that.
Give the bats time to move into their new digs. When you notice activity at dusk, let the kids watch them emerge. It's quite a sight.
Source: Chrystle Fieldler, "Family Fun Project: How to Build a Bat House," This Old House Website, no date given
Source: The author of this article has over 40 years of experience in diverse forms of DIY, home improvement and repair, crafting, designing, and building furniture, outdoor projects and more.