Best Moss Killer For Patios in 2021
Wet and Forget 10587 1 Gallon Moss, Mold and Mildew Stain Remover
Wet & Forget No Scrub Outdoor Cleaner for Easy Removal of Mold, Mildew and Algae Stains, Bleach-Free Formula, 64 Oz. Ready to Use
- Bleach-free, biodegradable & unlimited shelf life
- Cleans moss, mold, mildew and algae stains
- Convenient ready-to-use formula with attached sprayer
- Coverage: 60-180 square feet
- Easy spray & leave formula; No scrubbing or rinsing
Wet and Forget 800003 Wet And Forget Moss Mold Mildew & Algae Stain Remover
- Gentle Spray & Leave Cleaner, No Scrubbing, Rinsing or Power Washing
- Safe For Virtually Any Surface, Bleach-Free, Biodegradable, Non-Acidic, No Phosphates
- Concentrate Makes 3 Gallons
- Surfaces Stay Clean 1+ Years in Most Cases
BioAdvanced 704710B Moss and Algae Killer Ready-To-Spray, 32 oz
- Kills Moss and algae wherever it grows
- Kills within hours, protects for months
- Ready-to-Spray formula; no messy clean-up
- Non-staining, no-odor formula
- Kills moss and algae on lawns, decks, patios, fences, mulch, driveways, gravel, roofs and buildings.
- Unique, high efficiency formula kills within hours.
- No odor, no staining formula.
- Use on lawns, decks, patios, fences, mulch, driveways, gravel, roofs and buildings.
- Protects for months
Wet & Forget Roof and Siding Cleaner for Easy Removal of Mold, Mildew and Algae Stains, Bleach-Free Formula, 48 OZ. Hose End
- Sprays up to 30 Feet for Hard-To-Reach Areas Like Second Story Siding or Roofs
- Up to 2,000 Square Feet Coverage per Bottle
- Easy Spray and Leave Outdoor Cleaner- No Rinsing or Scrubbing
- Not for sale in California; Non-refillable container
Green Gobbler Vinegar Weed & Grass Killer | Natural and Organic Weed & Grass Killer | Pet Safe | 1 Gallon
- KILLS WEEDS & GRASS FAST - Eliminate any type of weed in just a matter of hours. Expect full desiccation in less than 24 hours. Green Gobbler contains 20% acetic acid. Use on crabgrass, dandelions, clover weeds, white clover, moss, etc.
- SAFE TO USE ANYWHERE - Perfect for residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural use. Apply where weeds and grasses are not desired. Use on driveways, sidewalks, concrete, mulch beds, pavers, flower beds, parking lots, farmlands, barns, etc. Ready to use right out the container.
- CERTIFIED FOR ORGANIC USE - Completely eliminates and desiccates weeds and grasses without using toxic chemicals. Made straight from corn. OMRI listed weed killer and certified for organic use.
- POWERFUL FORMULA - NO potentially cancer-causing chemicals. Glyphosate-free. 20% formula is four times stronger than traditional table vinegar. Made strictly from ethanol distilled from corn grain.
- 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - If you are not pleased, call or email us with your order number and we will reimburse your entire purchase. We value our customers and we stand behind all of our products. Expect a refund with no questions asked.
WET & FORGET .75 Gallon Moss, Mold, Mildew & Algae Stain Remover, 2 Pack
- Spray & leave formula
- Concentrate Makes 4.5 Gallons
- No scrubbing, no rinsing and no power washing
- Bleach-Free, Use on virtually an outdoor surface
- NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA
Scotts MossEx 3-in-1 Ready-Spray, 32 oz, Brown/A
- Scotts MossEX 3-in-1 Ready-Spray kills moss, algae and lichens
- Fast-acting formula kills within hours
- For use on lawns, decks, and patios
- Won't stain concrete or other surfaces
- To apply, just attach to a garden hose and spray
- Can be used at any time during the year
Scotts Turf Builder with Moss Control, 10,000 sq. ft.
- Kills moss and thickens grass to fill in bare spots
- Kills moss, not lawns—guaranteed
- Improves lawn's ability to absorb water and nutrients versus an unfed lawn
- Apply during winter or spring when moss is actively growing
- Feeds to help prevent future moss problems
Scotts 3-in-1 Moss Control Ready-Spray, 32-Ounce
- Use on lawns, patios, roofs and buildings
- Kills moss, algae and lichens
- Fast Acting! Kills within hours
- Won't stain concrete or other surfaces
- Attach garden hose and spray
DIY: Removing Moss from Brick Walls and Patios
Learn about the three main ways to remove moss from your brick walls or patio.
For small areas, consider killing moss with bleach. On a day with no wind, fill a spray bottle with bleach. Saturate the moss with bleach, the bleach will turn the moss white. Then use your garden hose to rinse off the moss.
There are two main problems with this method: the possibility of staining your clothes when using the garden hose, and the possibility of killing nearby plants and grass. However, for very small areas, if you dilute the bleach with a lot of water from your hose, this should not be a concern.
For somewhat larger areas, or for delicate brick that may not be able to withstand a lot of stress, consider removing the moss with a stiff nylon scrub brush and a solution of 1 part bleach to 9 parts water. Be sure to wear gloves when working with the bleach solution, and rinse the area thoroughly with a garden hose when complete.
Once again, because you are working with bleach, the same drawbacks apply. However since the bleach is already diluted, there is less of a threat to surrounding plants and lawns.
The final option is to use a power washer to remove the moss from your brick walls or patio. You should never use more than 3000 pounds of pressure when washing brick. Also, be sure to keep the wand at least 12 inches away from the surface of the brick at all times.
This option for moss removal is the quickest method. However, it can damage older bricks, so pick another option if you own a historic home. Pressure washing to remove moss may also not be appropriate if the seams between your brick patio are not filled with mortar, just sand. However, if your patio or wall was made from modern bricks and mortar, this is a great solution.