Best Patio Decks in 2021
Acacia Wood Deck Tiles | Composite Decking, Flooring & Patio Pavers | Indoor and Outdoor Flooring Tiles| Check Pattern 12â€Ã—12â€ - Pack of 11 Tiles
Villa Acacia Wood Tiles, Outdoor Patio and Deck Interlocking Pavers - 12 x 12 Inch, Pack of 10, 6 Slat
- Premium Wood Tiles - Acacia 12" x 12" Wooden 6 Slat Tiles with Interlocking Base
- Easy DIY Snap Installation - Tool free, no nails or screws! Quickly snap tiles into place in minutes and build entire patios in a few hours instead of days.
- Perfect for Outdoor or Indoor Use – Weather resistant wood is suitable for decks, patios, walkways, showers, pools, and more. A waterproof deck sealer is recommended when used in wet environments.
- Super Modular - Re-arrange, remove or replace tiles with no hassle. No need to unscrew, take apart and rebuild like traditional decks.
- 10 Piece Set - Tiles measure 12" x 12" x 1" inch and each set covers a total 10 square feet.
Acacia Hardwood Deck and Patio Easy to Install Interlocking Flooring Tiles 12"Ã—12" - 10 TILES / PACK - Totally 10 Sq. Ft. Unique 5 YEAR WARRANTY
- Click INTERBUILD REAL WOOD above to see our matching BALCONY & GARDEN FURNITURE and HARDWAX OIL! Made of plantation grown acacia hardwood having inherent oils similar to teak, giving it many, many years of weather resisting properties even if not oiled. Factory oiled in a Golden Teak finish with our own eco-friendly and food safe ZERO % VOC Hardwax oil.this deck tiles can be used as shower mat or door mat like the third picture shows.
- Unique filigree design and proven construction with 20 slats per tile and with click / interlocking function. Can be easily disassembled and clicked back again. The height is just 5/8' so fits easy under any terrace door. To get that cozy and warm feeling outdoors, our tiles are a must on every balcony, terrace, pool deck or patio. More than 10.000.000 pcs sold! The furniture shown on pictures here with our tiles are our own unique designs as well and should be available on this site too.
- Warranty: We uniquely provide a 5 year warranty on our tiles, also on the plastic nets, which are made of PPCO2, the same material used for bumpers for cars , among other things.
- Maintenance: The tiles comes factory pre oiled and can be used immediately outdoors. Should you leave them outdoors over winter, we suggest you clean them before snowfall, let them dry in sunshine and then give them a coat of a good wood oil. Same in the spring, cleaning and oiling will make them look like new and you can enjoy them with that fresh look for many years to come. Should water smudge on the surface rather than staying on top as droplets, oil the tiles again.
- The Story: We long ago were producing mega quantities of a bathroom shelf in Acacia for IKEA and got a lot of short wood pieces as waste. We then thought of using that waste for a deck tile and this design was born. It took not long until we did not have enough waste and new material had to be used for the production. IKEA bought them from us at the time under the name SKOGHALL deck tiles. We delivered them to IKEA all over the World and should you have those, these tiles will click together.
Building a Deck: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Build Like a Pro)
Keter Eden 70 Gallon Storage Bench Deck Box for Patio Decor and Outdoor Seating, Brown/Brown
- IDEAL SIZE: Exterior: 54. 6 in. L x 23. 4 in. W x 32. 8 in. H / Interior: 50. 4 in. L x 19. 7 in. W x 15 in. H
- LARGE CAPACITY: 70 gallons of extra hidden storage underneath the seat
- DURABLE AND STRONG: weather-resistant polypropylene construction prevents rusting, peeling and denting
- EXTRA SEATING: Provides comfortable bench seating for two average adults
- LOCKABLE: works with standard padlocks, which are sold separately
- STYLISH: Elegant natural wood look texture to fit any outdoor patio décor
PANDAHOME 22 PCS Wood-Plastic Composites Patio Deck Tiles, 12â€x12â€ Interlocking Decking Tiles, Water Resistant for Indoor & Outdoor, 22 sq. ft - Brazilian Ipe
- 【COMPREHENSIVE USAGE】PANDAHOME offers quality composite products to enhance your living experience. Genuine wood-plastic composite finish, greater for indoor & outdoor application than natural wood. It is easier to refresh your patio, covered patio, deck, fire pit, outdoor kitchen, poolside, lanai, gazebo, etc. Slip resistant design.
- 【PERFECT MATERIAL】All of our products feature unique technology, protects the materials from rotting, fading, staining, scratching and various other issues associated with traditional wood decking. The tiles are exceptionally durable and won’t warp, crack, split or bend. You won’t have to worry about drainage issues either, as the grid attached to the bottom of the tiles allows water to drain properly.
- 【DIY FRIENDLY】Our decking tiles are a great choice if you’re interested in tackling a day project on your own instead of paying a professional to build a deck over several days. All new click-in-place decking option that is amazing for both beginners and experienced DIYers. The tiles feature an interlocking base that allows you to simply snap them together.
- 【UPGRADED INSTALLATION】We recommend you first lay down crushed gravel and then lay the deck tiles over it. Thanks to their four-way interlocking abilities, you can put the tiles in any orientation you like. You may start on the tiles at the ends of the deck and then work your way inside. Once you’ve connected all the deck tiles, you can install trim to give your deck a more finished look. The tile can be cropped into various shape and size to fit it around a corner or a pole.
- 【MAINTENANCE-FREE】The decking tiles are waterproof, rigid and very stable product for outdoors. It would be in perfect condition despite heavy foot traffic from people or pets without wood-oil care.
MOVTOTOP Sun Shade Sails 10x13 FT Rectangle, 185 GSM Thicker Outdoor Shade Block 95% UV Keep Cool for Deck, Patio, Pergola, Backyard Outdoor(Sand)
- ★KEEP COOL IN THE SUMMER: MOVTOTOP thick sun shade sail filters the sun and gets cool air flow on the deck, pergola, patio, backyard, pool or other places you want to install and keep cool, 100% cationic fabric dissipates heat , it is a perfect canopy for you!
- ★PROTECT YOU FROM UV RAYS: 185 GSM high density polyethylene(HDPE) sun sail blocks 95% of harmful UV, protect your skin while enjoying outdoor activities, do not let UV age your skin! You deserve MOVTOTOP outdoor shade!
- ★ADVANTAGES OF MOVTOTOP: NO SEEPER, This rectangle sun shade avoid seeper during raining days, and it can dry out easily after raining, NO mildew, NO stain, NO dilaceration, stretchy and durable.
- ★EASY INSTALLATION: Together with 4 stainless steel D-rings in the corners, and bonus with 4 x 6.6ft PE Ropes, long enough and you can easily connect it tightly to the place you want to install!
- ★MOVTOTOP BENEFITS: This sun shade sail can be used for 5-10 years in regular weather and usage, longer service life. More over, We provide 3-year service for our every customer, if you have any problems, please contact us firstly! Thank you!
Wild Delight Deck, Porch N' Patio No Waste Bird Food, 20 lb-(374200),Tan
- Deck, Porch N' Patio is a complete no waste wild bird feed
- Blended to keep your outdoor living area clean
- Attracts songbirds, cardinals, grosbeaks, finches, jays, nuthatches and other outdoor pets
- No chemical preservatives
- 20lb bag
Ideas For Great Patios & Decks
Decks, Porches, and Patios (Home Repair and Improvement, Updated Series)
DIY Deck Building is a Great Way to Add Value to Your Home
Most homeowners are capable of building a nice deck on their house with the right plans, tools, and DIY information.
The first step to building a deck is to come up with a design that matches your home. Decks.com recommends looking at deck photos to get some ideas. Consider the size and shape of deck that would look best on your home.
The next step is to draw or purchase deck plans to submit for building permits. Decks.com features over 600 unique professional deck plans for you to choose from. Decks.com plans include framing plans, footing layouts, material list, and a DIY deck building details guide.
After you have obtained a building permit from your local cities building department you will need to order your deck materials. Pressure treated wood will be used for the framing. You will need to choose between wood and alternative materials such as composite decking or vinyl decking for the flooring. There are a variety of railing options including composite railing systems, metal balusters, cable railling, and glass rails. You will also need to purchase deck hardware such as joist hangers and fasteners for assembling the deck.
Decks.com recommends that DIY builders should have the following tools: Claw Hammer, Circular Saw, Miter Box, Screw Gun, Ladder, Tape Measurer, Level, square.
Most deck building projects will require 2 or 3 people for construction.
The first step in construction is to install the ledger board. This is a critical step. Make sure you use flashing to prevent water from penetrating the house wall. Use (2) 1/2" lag bolts installed every 16" on center to attach the ledger board.
The next step is to layout and install the frost footings. You can use batter boards or cloth tape measurers to triangulate the footing locations. You will need to dig holes below the frost line and have a footing inspection before continuing. The footing diameter will need to match the size indicated on your plan. Most decks use 12" or 16" diameter footings. Hand digging footings is hard work especially if you live in a cold climate or have rocks in your yard. Some DIY deck builders rent a hand auger to assist in digging footings. You will want to set cardboard sono tubes into the holes to prevent a collapse while you are working. You can then mix bags of quickcrete in a wheelbarrow with a shovel and a garden hose to the proper consistency and pour the wet concrete into the holes. Set a concrete anchor in the center of the footing and allow the concrete to cure.
The next step is to install the deck support posts and beams. Most decks use 6x6 pressure treated wood posts to support the deck. The beams are usually 2-2x10 boards nailed together. You can install the 6x6 posts using an adjustable post base connector from Simpson Strong Tie attached to the concrete anchor set in your footing. This positive connection will keep the post in place. The top of the post can be notched to allow you to set the beam into place and attached using (2) 1/2" carriage bolts. Use a level to make sure the beam is straight.
With your ledger board and beams in place you can begin filling in the deck by installing the joists using joist hangers. Begin by framing the perimeter of the deck. Install a joist hanger at the house and install a hurricane tie to attach the joist to the beam. Joists should be layed out every 16" on center or 12" on center for diagonal decking. Make sure you are using the proper nails for the hardware. Deck hardware should be triple galvanized aluminum or stainless steel. We recommend installing blocking at the mid span of joists over 12' long.
The next step is to install the decking. Most deck builders overhang the decking over the frame by about 1/4" to leave a reveal. Some builders will install a fascia board to cover the pressure treated rim board. In this case the decking should hang past the fascia board. Decking can be layed out so that the edges run wild past the edge of the deck. You can then run a chalk line across the edge and cut off the tails with a circular saw to achieve a clean edge. Install the decking with screws using a hand held screw gun. If you are installing composite decking you should use special composite decking screws that have reverse threads that keep the plastic material from "mushrooming". Some composite decking materials have a groove that is used for hidden fasteners or clips that secure the decking without face mounted screws.
The next step is to layout the stairs. Installing stairs is typically the most difficult part of DIY deck building. You will need to measure the total height of the deck and use the decks.com stair calculator to lay out the stair stringers. The IRC code requires stair treads to be a minimum of 10" and the rise must be less than 8". Deck stair stringers are usually cut from 2x12 pressure treated wood. Most stair treads use 2 deck boards. Once you cut one stair stringer based on the results from the decks.com calculator you can use it as a template to cut your remaining stair stringers with a circular saw.
The final step is to install the guard rails. Attach the rail posts to the deck frame using lag bolts with washers. Wood decks will usually use 4x4's for rail posts, 2x4 for top and bottom rails, 2x6 for a flat top railing, and 2x2 material or aluminum tubes for balusters or pickets. Compostie decking systems offer kits for railings that are available in 6' sections. Handrails are required for stairs.
Once the deck is completed you will need a final inspection. Afterwards if you used wood for the decking and railings, decks.com recommends applying an oil based stain immediately to prevent warping and cracking in the sun. For more information visit decks.com