Best Patio Door Security Bar in 2020
Ideal Security SK110W SK110 Patio Door Security Bar Child-Proof Lock, Adjustable 26-47 inches for Ventillation, Large, White
Master Lock 265D Door Security Bar, Pack of 1, White
- Heavy duty, dual-function door security bar prevents forced entry on hinged, patio, and sliding doors; Door stopper security bar is intended for indoor use
- Door security bar design is portable and compact making it easy to store and ideal for travel, providing enhanced security in hotels or on vacation
- Door security bar is adjustable from 27.5 in. (70 cm) to 42 in. (1 m) in length to fit most standard doors and sliding patio doors; Top door knob jam is easily removed for sliding door applications
- Made with heavy duty 20-gauge steel for strength and security; Pivoting ball joint ensures door security bar has full contact with floor for secure fit while padded foot provides a strong grip without scratching
- No tools required, simply adjust the bar length using the release button, prop under door knob and easily adjusted as needed
U.S. Patrol JB8095 Black Sliding Door Lock BAR
- SUPPLIMENTAL SECURITY: When the door lock just isn’t enough, use the sliding lock bar for extra home security
- ADJUSTABLE SIZE: The lock can be adjusted between 26”-42”
- DURABLE: The iron construction provides reliable durability for maximum security
- DECORATIVE DESIGN: The leaf pattern provides a decorative flare to your home
- EASY INSTALLATION: The lock bar can easily be placed and removed at your convenience
Brinks 675-83001 Commercial Door Security Bar
- 20 gauge heavy duty steel tube construction
- Swivel base
- Lifetime warranty
AmazonBasics Patio Door Security Bar - Silver, 1-Pack
- Silver Powder Coated Finish
- Adjustable from 25-3/4-Inch to 47-1/2-Inch
- Fits most standard doors and sliding doors
- Durable Aluminum Alloy Construction
SABRE HS-DSB Door Security Bar â€“ Adjustable 2-in-1 Home Security Door Bar, Strong Scratch-Proof Grip, Removable Door Knob Top for Use on Sliding Doors, Portable & Easy to Use for Apt & Travel Security
- ENHANCED HOME PROTECTION: Heavy duty, dual-function security bar prevents forced entry on hinged, patio and sliding doors; For indoor use
- PORTABLE AND COMPACT: Collapsible design is easy to store and ideal for travel, providing extra security in hotels, on vacation or at the office
- ADJUSTABLE: Adjusts from 28.5 in. (72.4cm) to 45 in. (114cm) in length to fit most standard doors and sliding patio doors; Top door knob jam is easily removed for sliding door applications (Length without door knob jam: 25 in. to 41.5 in.)
- DURABLE, COMMERCIAL DESIGN: Made with heavy duty 1mm, 20 gauge steel for strength and security; Pivoting ball joint ensures full contact with floor for secure fit while padded foot provides a strong grip without scratching
- INSTALLS IN SECONDS: No tools required, simply adjust the bar length using the release buttons, prop under door knob and easily adjusted as needed
Securityman 2-in-1 Door Security Bar & Sliding Patio Door Security Bar - Constructed of High Grade Iron - Black
- 2-in-1 Door Stopper Security Bar & Sliding Door Lock Bar: Use this device for two different purposes with easily interchangeable caps for hinged doors and sliding door/window
- SECURITY BAR: Angled rubber bottom assures full contact and a strong brace on all types of floors without scratching them as well as all door knob types including french doors
- ADJUSTABLE AND DURABLE: Bar can be adjusted between 18.25" to 47.50" and constructed of high grade iron to withstand 400 pounds of pressure *please note: the sliding door caps decrease the maximum length to 46.50"
- EASY TO USE: Easily props under door knob and easy to remove. Security burglar bar can also be easily adjusted
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Security Safety Bar (3 parts), Door Caps (2pcs), Sliding Patio Door & Window Caps (2pcs), User Guide, 12 Month Warranty, & Friendly Customer Support
Sliding Door Security Bar, Securityman Patio Door Security Bar or Window Security Lock with Anti Lift Lock - Child Proof and Adjustable 19"-51" - Constructed of High Grade Iron - White
International Closeouts Security Bar for Sliding Glass Doors
- Simple & Effective Way To Guard Your Home!
- Security bar helps prevent forced entry through your sliding door!
- Just extend bar, lock into position, and place in door's track.
- Telescopes from approx. 26.5"-46", and unlocks with a twist.
- White powder-coated steel with rubber tips to help protect surfaces.
Securityman 2-in-1 Adjustable Door Knob Jammer & Sliding Patio Door Security Bar - Constructed of High Grade Iron (SECURITYBAR)
- 2-in-1 Door Stopper Security Bar & Sliding Door Security Bar: Use this device for two different purposes with easy interchangeable caps for hinged doors and sliding door/window. Perfect for home, apartment, or dorms.
- SECURITY DOOR STOPPER: Angled rubber bottom assures full contact and strong grip on all types of floors without scratching them
- ADJUSTABLE AND DURABLE: Door jammer can be adjusted between 22. 25"-43. 7" and constructed of high grade iron to withstand 350 pounds of pressure *please note: the sliding glass door lock caps decrease the maximum length to 39. 25"
- EASY TO USE: Easily props under door knob and easy to remove. Door blocker rod can also be easily adjusted.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Door Security Bar (2 parts), Door Caps (2pcs), Sliding Patio Door & Window Caps (2pcs), User Guide, 12 Month , & Friendly Customer Support
How to Build a Patio Pet Door
Create a custom-sized patio pet door for a fraction of the cost of ready-made patio pet doors, and add a simple internal locking device to keep your sliding patio door locked even with the patio pet door in place.
How to Build a Patio Pet Door: Step #1
Begin by purchasing a basic pet door (doggie door or cat flap) from your pet store. Typically these basic pet doors are inserted in a standard, wood door. They are inexpensive and made of a simple plastic frame with a weather-sealed pet flap.
How to Build a Patio Pet Door: Step #2
Measure the height of the inside frame of your patio glass door. Do not worry about the rails as the patio pet door will be slim enough to fit on one side of them. Next, see what the width measurement is for the pet door you bought (this should appear on the box). These two measurements will determine the width and length of your patio pet door; however be sure to add 10 inches to both of them (you'll soon see why). In other words, your patio pet door length will be: Inside glass door frame + 10 inches. While the patio pet door width will be: standard pet door width + 10 inches. Buy plywood at your local lumber or home improvement store to fit these measurements. When they cut the plywood for you, be sure to ask them to cut another thin slice of plywood to fit the width measurement but with a length of 4 inches. This will be used as a supporting shelf in the final steps of this project.
How to Build a Patio Pet Door: Step #3
When you open the pet door box you will find a sheet of paper that you can place over the plywood to draw an outline of where the patio pet door will sit. Because you have added ten inches to the width, you should have 5 inches on either side of the pet door. With a saw, cut out the square opening. Then place the frame of the pet door on either side of the opening and screw them together with the hardware provided.
How to Build a Patio Pet Door: Step #4
In order to slip your patio pet door in and out of your existing patio glass door frame, you will need to cut the patio pet door into two pieces. This is why you added 10 inches to the length earlier. Begin by sawing your patio pet door into two pieces, with the top piece being far smaller, at around 15 inches long. Next, fit the two pieces of your patio pet door into place inside your glass door frame. Now with a pen, mark a line to indicate where the top portion of the patio pet door overlaps with the bottom.
How to Build a Patio Pet Door: Step #5
Over the line you have drawn, glue the supporting shelf you got at the lumber store. Once the shelf is dry it will hold the top pieces of the patio door in place when you fit them together. To increase the stability of the two pieces, screw a flat metal bracket into the shelf using a cheap door knob. Each time you fit to two pieces together, go ahead and slide the flat metal bracket up. When you want to remove the door, slide the bracket out of the way. When the bracket gets too loose, just tighten the door knob over it. And use the door knob to help you grab or hold the patio pet door.
How to Build a Patio Pet Door: Step #6
Paint the patio pet door to match the frame of your glass patio door. This will help the patio pet door blend into the original door and seem like a custom extension. Finally, cut a piece of molding or a broom stick to fit between the sliding glass door and its frame, creating a simple deadbolt. This will make it impossible for someone to slide the glass patio door open from the outside.