10 Best Sliding Patio Door Lock
Updated on: June 2023
Best Sliding Patio Door Lock in 2023
Ideal Security SK110W SK110 Patio Door Security Bar Child-Proof Lock, Adjustable 26-47 inches for Ventillation, Large, White
Prime-Line E 2014 Mortise Lock - Adjustable, Spring-Loaded Hook Latch Projection for Sliding Patio Doors Constructed of Wood, Aluminum and Vinyl, 3-11/16â€, 45 Degree Keyway, Round Face
- REPLACE OLD OR BROKEN DOOR LOCKS – When your sliding door mortise lock is broken or old, don’t replace the door entirely, just get a new mortise lock!
- EASY INSTALLATION – Installation is quick and easy – working sliding door locks are well within reach. Mounting Flanges have 6-32 tapped thread
- FOR SLIDING DOORS – This Mortise Lock can be used on sliding patio doors constructed of wood, aluminum and vinyl. Also fits doors using W&F manufactured handles.
- 45 DEGREE KEYWAY - This E 2014 mortise lock has a 45-degree angled keyway position when in the locked position.
- PRODUCT INFO - The mounting hole centers of this lock measures 3-11/16” from center to center, and the rear housing corners are square. Mortise lock dimensions are: 1.125"(D)x0.5"(W)x3.688"(H)
Patio Sliding Door Security Foot Lock Kick Lock, Fits on Top Rail-Childproof Patio Door Guardian-or Bottom Rail-Foot Operated-Keep Your Family Safe and Secure(1 Pack,White)
- ☛【Keep Aditional Safety to Your Home】: Are you worried that someone might break into your house at the middle of the night or sometime of the day when nobody is home? Well that problem is no longer an issue. With its double locking action, it is virtually impossible to remove the door by lifting it off its track. HauSun patio sliding door foot lock prevents criminals from being able to lift out sliding doors from their tracks.
- ☛【Resists Forced Entry & Two Operational Lock Postions】: Able to provide over 1000lbs of forced entry load tension.Another reason these patio door kick locks are great is because they usually have two operational positions. Notice the two channels in the lock. They allow for your patio door to be locked when it is in a closed position or slightly opened to let in the breeze. With a kick lock in the "B" position, the opening is still not wide enough for someone to force entry into your home.
- ☛【Two Installation Ways】: HauSun patio door security lock can be installed both on top or bottom rail.You can use top rail if you want to keep out of reach of children.Also, you can install it on the bottom rail with foot operated.
- ☛【Discover New Ways to Increase Children Security】: With young children in the home, you know all too well how hard it is to keep an eye on them at all times. With this childproof sliding door lock installed, you can make sure that young ones do not become tempted to open the patio sliding doors on their own and expose themselves to potential danger.
- ☛【Convenient Use & Patent Design】: HauSun Patio sliding security door lock works on vinyl, aluminum, or wood sliding doors on INSIDE tracks only. DOES NOT WORK on patio doors on outside tracks.
Prime-Line C 1225 Sliding Patio Door Handle Set - Replace Old or Damaged Door Handles Quickly and Easily â€“ White Diecast, Mortise Style, Non-Keyed (Fits 3-15/16â€ Hole Spacing)
- INCLUDES – (1) Standard reversible, non-handed handle set that can be mounted on both left-hand and right-handed sliding patio doors. This handle fits 3-15/16” hole spacing and only works with mortise hook style door handles
- REPLACE OLD OR BROKEN DOOR HANDLES – When your door handle is broken, old or unsightly, don’t replace the door entirely, just get a new sliding patio door handle set! This door handle is a mortise style
- EASY INSTALLATION – Installation is quick and easy – new patio door handles are well within reach! This sliding door handle set fits 3-15/16” hole spacing and fits 1-1/2" to 1-3/4" thick doors.
- NON-KEYED - The exterior diecast pull comes non-keyed. Prime-Line Products does manufacture other components that can convert this set to a keyed-locking handle set
- COMPLEMENTS YOUR WHITE SLIDING PATIO DOOR - This mortise hook style door handle is constructed of white painted diecast materials, making it the perfect choice for your white sliding door. For thick doors order E 2576 latch lever
Pro-Lok EPL-106-W Patio Door Lock- Keyed Lg Rectangle (White Finish)
- A keyed heavy-duty steel bolt patio door lock to prevent sliding or lifting of door
- Adjustable for ventilation or full security with key lock to secure position
- Large rectangular housing and pin are compatible with 1-3/8″ – 1-3/4″ inch thick doors and a 1/4″ inch drill hole in the fixed-panel rail
Patio Guardian PDG01-W Patio Door Guardian Lock - White
- Works as both a security device and childproofing lock.
- Allows for ventilation without sacrificing security.
- Compatible with vinyl, aluminum or wood sliding doors.
- To Install this lock you will have to drill holes in your existing door.
- Tools Required: Drill, 3/32 inch drill bit, 7/16 inch drill bit and Phillips screwdriver
High Security Deadbolt Lock for Sliding Patio Doors, Dual Steel Bolts Provide Superior Protection Against Forced Entry, Doubles as Child-Safety Lock
- This high-security patio door deadbolt lock helps prevent forced entry
- Use this safety locking hardware to keep the bad guys out and the little ones in. This security device also acts as a child-safety device when mounted out of the reach of small children, and from a distance it can easily be determined if the lock bolts are engaged or disengaged with the keeper bracket
- The lock body and keeper bracket are constructed of extruded aluminum and come in a white painted finish
- The double-action lock bolts are constructed of solid steel and penetrate 1-inch deep into the top and bottom of the keeper bracket
- Adds increased security to your home to help thwart would-be home invaders from breaching vulnerable entry points
- Use of these patio door locks helps to prevent sliding panels from being lifted off their tracks from the exterior
- Features a sleek, low-profile design to avoid interference with window coverings
- Constructed of steel, aluminum and plastic components
- Locks come in two-toned black and white color
- This lock is easy to install with a few simple tools
Prime-Line C 1032 Keyed Sliding Glass Door Handle Set â€“ Replace Old or Damaged Door Handles Quickly and Easily â€“Wood & Black Painted Diecast, Hook Style, Flush Mount (Fits 6-5/8â€ Hole Spacing)
- INCLUDES – (1) Standard reversible flush mount for left or right-handed sliding glass doors. This handle fits 6-5/8” hole spacing and only works with hook style door handles. Fits all popular flush lock punch-outs.
- REPLACE OLD OR BROKEN DOOR HANDLES – When your door handle is broken, old or unsightly, don’t replace the door entirely, just get a new sliding glass door handle set! This door handle is a hook style with a flush mount and is keyed.
- EASY INSTALLATION – Installation is quick and easy, plus all fasteners and instructions are included – new door handles are well within reach! The handle set is non-handed, allowing it to be used on both left and right-handed patio sliding doors that are 1 in. to 1-1/8 in. thick, using 6-5/8” mounting hole centers.
- NON-HANDED CONSTRUCTION – The non-handed construction means that you can use this door handle set on both left and right-handed patio sliding doors.
- COMPLEMENTS YOUR SLIDING PATIO DOOR – This hook style door handle is constructed of mixed materials, including a surface mounted wood pull, making it the perfect choice for your black or dark bronze sliding door.
Veranda Sliding Glass Door Handle Set with Mortise Lock, White, Keyed, 3-15/16â€ Screw Holes, 1-1/2â€ Door Thickness
- Easy replacement for most sliding door handles; Standard 3-15/16” center-to-center screw holes
- Easy to grip interior handle with classic exterior handle for right or left handed doors
- Select your door thickness to receive correct hardware - no cutting down screw lengths!
- Thumb latch can be mounted in centered or offset position to accommodate 3 or 4 hole doors
- Includes inside and outside pull, thumb latch, mortise lock with strike, and key cylinder
Master Lock 265D Door Security Bar, Pack of 1, White
- Heavy duty, dual-function door security bar prevents forced entry on hinged, patio, and sliding doors; Door stopper security bar is intended for indoor use
- Door security bar design is portable and compact making it easy to store and ideal for travel, providing enhanced security in hotels or on vacation
- Door security bar is adjustable from 27.5 in. (70 cm) to 42 in. (1 m) in length to fit most standard doors and sliding patio doors; Top door knob jam is easily removed for sliding door applications
- Made with heavy duty 20-gauge steel for strength and security; Pivoting ball joint ensures door security bar has full contact with floor for secure fit while padded foot provides a strong grip without scratching
- No tools required, simply adjust the bar length using the release button, prop under door knob and easily adjusted as needed
How to Install a Door Lock that Provides You with More Security and Privacy
A step by step plan for installing a privacy lock on your door. This DIY project is simple enough for almost any homeowner with the right tools to pull it off.
Begin installing a privacy lock by find the hole centers on the door face and edge. Use the paper template that should have been supplied with the lock by the manufacturer. A hole saw comes in quite handy for cutting out openings with a clean edge. You want to bore though the hole until the pilot bit comes out and then move around to drill from the opposite side.
Now comes the task of making a connecting hole for the latch. Use what is known as a spade bit or a Forstner drill bit for this process. As long as you can keep the drill steady and level while drilling through the door edge you should have no problem. This is one part of the job of installing a privacy lock that can be a bit tricky for the beginner do-it-yourselfer.
Following a successful completion of the connecting hole, it's time to mark the latch mortise. Use a standard utility blade to trim around the edges and then use the chisel I mentioned earlier to clean out the mortise you have made. Mortise is just a fancy carpenter term for a hole in the wood. You will then need to repeat what you have just done for the door strike. A good way to make this go easier is to color the end of the sliding bolt. This allows for greater accuracy when you are attempting to locate the strike.
Once the bolt and the strike of the lock are aligned, all that is left is the tightening of the screws holding the latch mechanism and the knobs to the door.
The completed project results in a lock that is very secure against illegal entry. Keep in mind, of course, that no lock is completely secure and that anyone with the determination to get past your door's lock is going to find a way. The privacy lock should give you enough time to call 911 if the intruders are that intent upon breaking in, however.